Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, November 7, 2011

Mondays Must have chocolate chip cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies - big surprise right? And they aren't that good for me. These happen to be made differently and are somewhat healthy. Very low carb if you can believe that.

Must-Have Chocolate Chip Cookies

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Must have chocolate chip cookies recipe
Ingredients
1 cup(s) raisins
1/2 cup(s) boiling water
1/2 cup(s) peanut butter
1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
1/2 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
1 1/4 cup(s) oats, rolled
1 cup(s) chocolate, semisweet pieces

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine raisins and boiling water; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar or sugar substitute, egg product, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Add the flour; beat until smooth. Stir in the oats.
3. Drain the raisins; stir raisins and chocolate pieces into oat mixture.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool.
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 87, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 47mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 12g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Protein: 2g

From Everyday Living
Thought for the day:
When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time.
- St. Francis de Sales
Why did I pick this one? Well, besides loving St. Francis de Sales - I like it because it talks to me - I can't really or I'm not supposed to eat a lot of carbs. Yet I love chocolate chip cookies. So I have been searching for a recipe that would work and low and behold this recipe came to me in an email from Everyday Living. I haven't had time to make them, but I am!
So in a little way I encountered a difficulty yet I spent a little time looking for the right recipe and hopefully I have a great alternative - now this is a little example I know- but can be used on bigger ones too. I just start out little.

Now my difficulty is finding time to bake! But I will.

x_5c59c1d

No comments:

Post a Comment