Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, October 27, 2011

How do they make candy corns?

Okay not too many takers on the cake - how about candy corn?

and may I say that it hurts when they come off - but are they are tasty - and the dirtier and smellier the better !

Seriously now -

I have been thinking about age - and I'm 58 1/2 - almost 60 for all intent and purposes. We also talked this week about living to 100.

I think the conclusion was - if we are healthy that would be great, but if not - then we don't want to be a burden on anyone. Imagine all of us agreed!! Then another friend brought this to my attention - you sure don't want to outlive all your friends and family. I didn't even think about that - but that is so true.

I read this forward and you know there is a lot to it. Not only how to stay young - but how to stay happier and healthy whatever age we are in.

Is 60 hard?? I had another friend tell me it was as smooth as 50 - that make me feel good.

I mean not only do we want to live a long time - WE WANT TO LIVE IT HEALTHY!

My first peace of advice that is not in this forward is GOD - religion - hope - faith - IS CRITICAL TO A HAPPY LIFE - in my humble opinion.

And here are some more ideas.

HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Try everything twice.
On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph:
"Tried everything twice. Loved it both times!"

2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
One of my new blog friends said yesterday was National Lemon Day for grouches - BOO!

3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever...
Never let the brain get idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud.
Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh,
spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.

6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.
LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever..
Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips.. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county,
to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

So to that I say, "I love you, my special friends!"

Which one is your favorite - God first - then what ??? To tell you the truth I try to practice them all - guess number 3 is the one I practice the most.

Thought for the day:
"I do not want to die...until I have faithfully made the most of my talent and cultivated the seed that was placed in me until the last small twig has grown." ~ Kathe Kollwitz


x_31c37fa

No comments:

Post a Comment