Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday - Happy Hump Day



This is a tree in our yard - my camera is just a little one - but as I pulled out of my driveway I looked at it and all the leaves were just falling down like snow - I somehow didn't a one falling down - but you should have seen the leaves that day it was so pretty and serene.

This is fall in Atlanta.




Okay today I am showing you my basement or shall I say a third of it. It is my hubs man cave?????? His hobby is model planes. He has them everywhere.



On the floor and on the wall and on the tables and on - well you get my drift.



Now he has a nice work chair - special lights - a heater for winter - a little icebox - telephone - and a television with cable.

Oh yeah and lots of boxes of parts. And a big drawing table to work at. Now he has been doing this since we got married so yes he has a lot of stuff.

Oh I forgot all the tools he has too. I have a couple of questions. How in the world would we ever downsize? I mean this all takes up 1/3 of the basement so it would take up 1/3 of a house. We'd have to get a house just for him - hmmm not a bad idea sometimes.



And paints and glues. Second question - what in the world in this part of the basement looks like fun? Nothing to me.



Except the fact that he has his man cave and likes to go down to it a lot. Now that he is retired - it is a great thing. And - now here comes the positive spin you knew would come - I'm happy he has a place to go spend some time in! And he flies them too. So this is a great thing now that he is home all the time.

Retirement - they have to have something to do!



(Okay now that was funny - at least to me - I am laughing out loud.)


Thought for the day:

Old age, to the unlearned, is winter; to the learned, it’s harvest time.

-Yiddish Saying

(I'm harvesting these days. I think when I was younger I didn't look at his hobby as positively as I do now - years ago I wanted more help with the kids, more of his time, more help around the house, etc. - now I'm glad he has it. When you get older things change. And hopefully you become BETTER AND NOT BITTER!)


x_5c59c1d

No comments:

Post a Comment