Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, November 14, 2011

Recipes

I promised you last week I was going to make the chocolate chip cookies from last Monday's post - it just took me a week - but I made them yesterday. A lot of great ingredients.


Looks at all those chocolate chips - it called for semi sweet, but I had the dark chocolate ones.
Now this looked nothing like the picture of last week. Last week they looked like round balls these look more like cookies. I may have added a little too much egg product.

None the less - they were delicious and I felt pretty good eating two with a cup of coffee.


This weeks recipe that I also made.

Apple Crumb Bread From Amish Stories

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda in 2 tablespoons milk
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped apples

Toppings
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar


Again good ingredients.


And it looks dark, but it wasn't that was the brown sugar on top.


Now this was great too. Wish I was a better picture taker. And a little bit better baker. Think I am going to make 3 plates for my grandsons teacher this week.


Thought for the day:


The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.

I tell you there is soooooooooooooooooo much I want to do these days. And things slow me down from when I planned to do them. Holidays, sickness, vets, homework, lessons, physical therapy, etc. So what I think (lol) is you have to decide what is it that you want to do and how important it is in the scheme of things. Then set out on the course and no matter how long it takes - go for it - keep going for it - it is not how long it takes - it is how long you keep trying.

Keep on running with me - slowly.
x_5d6c3b9

No comments:

Post a Comment