Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday - Making Bread


Okay okay - I don't know what I did - but I tried to make that chocolate from last week - I failed. It was so hard and not creamy for me at all.








Tried to cream the tofu and it just went into small white balls. I don't think my blender was strong enough - I just have a hand blender. I need to get a strong counter blender - my old one broke and was trying to get along without one.

YUCK

The good news is I have a friend named Sue at Rue Mouffetard's Blog. She is an amazing woman and now friend. She had a small group of gals over about a month ago - to see her beautiful new home and made lunch for us.

She made this Rosemary Lemon Bread that was out of this world.

So I asked her for the recipe - mine turned out pretty good - but not quite as nice as hers or as pretty as hers - but it was the first time ever I worked with bread - so I give myself an A.

The ingredients







You wait 12 to 18 hours for it to bubble - I thought this looked at the bubble stage.





You fold it in half twice then lay it out for it to double in size - 2 hours.



Coat it with cornmeal or flour.



She used a 2 1/2 quart Dutch Oven - I didn't have anything that big - I split it in too - and put it iin what I had. Plus my oven is 26 years old - but since I don't use it that often (lol) it is not nearly that old!!!



After baking 1/2 hour take the lids off. Bake another half hour.




The baby one with no sesame seeds - for the GS.



And the nice one for the adults.



Wondering if I should have left them in longer...



I'll tell you this - they were good enough to eat - and no my grandson did not like it.



I was so incredibly nervous.
Remember to check Sue's Blog I posted above - her recipe is on it!
Next week Apple Crumb cake and on the 31st - a Halloween treat.

Oh yes and a thought for the day:
"There is no failure except in no longer trying. " ~ Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment